Locations throughout the city
Starts: October 2018
Ends: October 2019
This project involves the rehabilitation of various sanitary and combined sewers, and manholes within the City of Akron, by making point repairs, full replacements, or reconstruction by the CIPP process as part of the City’s annual reconstruction program.
Current Locations: Approx. 4/15/19 – 4/26/19
- Intersection of N. Union/Arch/N. Adams
- Clifford Ave.: Brown St to Dietz
- Cooper Ave.: Dead End to Brewster Creek
- E. Mill St.: Union to College
- Glenwood Ave.: Oxford Ave to All American Bridge, done June 2019
- Jesse Ave.: Butler Ave to Mosser Pl.
- N. Hawkins Ave.: Wiltshire Ave. to Kingsley Ave.
- Prince St.: South of Main Street
- Schiller Ave.: York St. to Mosser Pl.
- S. Firestone Blvd.: Aster Ave. to Girard St.
- S. Hawkins Ave.: Peckham St. to Orrin St.
- Talbot Ave.: Martin Ave. to 5th Ave.
- Inman & I-76: I-76 Westbound Lane closure, TBD
Anticipated Maintenance of Traffic
This project involves lining or point repairs at numerous locations throughout the City. There will be lane closures but no expected road closures or detours expected at this time. The duration of these repairs is expected to be relatively short and limited to a few days, up to a few weeks.
Dollar Value of Project
Benefits to Akron Upon Completion of Work
Akron Sewer Maintenance Division operates and maintains about 850 miles of sanitary and combination sewers. The benefit of this project is to maintain the City's existing infrastructure and extend its useful service life, and therefore, deferring the need for the high costs associated with replacement.